New Spectrophotometric Methods for the Assay of Cinitapride Hydrogen Tartrate (A Gastroprokinetic Drug)
Shruti Kumari and Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna*
GITAM School of Pharmacy, GITAM (Deemed to be) University, Visakhapatnam, India
*Corresponding Author: Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna, GITAM School of Pharmacy, GITAM (Deemed to be) University, Visakhapatnam, India.
March 17, 2023; Published: April 27, 2023
Cinitapride hydrogen tartrate is a gastroprokinetic drug and acts against serotoninergic 5-HT2 and D2 dopaminergic receptors indicated for the gastroesophageal reflux and also for the treatment of functional disorders of gastrointestinal motility. New spectrophotometric methods (D0 and D1) have been developed and validated for the estimation of Cinitapride hydrogen tartrate tablets in acetate buffer (pH 4.0) and phosphate buffer (pH 5.0) using SHIMADZU Model No. UV – 1800 double beam spectrophotometer with 1 cm quartz cells. All the methods were validated as per ICH guidelines. The proposed methods are applied to the Cinitapride marketed formulations and the methods were found to be simple, precise and accurate.
Keywords: Cinitapride; Spectroscopy; Acetate Buffer; Phosphate Buffer; Validation; ICH Guidelines
- Fernández AG and Massingham R. "Peripheral receptor populations involved in the regulation of gastrointestinal motility and the pharmacological actions of metoclopramide-like drugs". Life Sciences1 (1985): 1-14.
- Alarcon-de-la-Lastra Romero C., et al. “Cinitapride protects against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal injury in rats: role of 5-hydroxytryptamine, prostaglandins and sulfhydryl compounds”. Pharmacology4 (1997):193-202.
- Alarcon de la Lastra C., et al. “Effects of Cinitapride on gastric ulceration and secretion in rats”. Inflammation Research 3 (1998):131-136.
- Shikha MNR., et al. “Determination of Free Levels of Cinitipride in Human Plasma by Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry”. E-Journal of Chemistry3(2008): 453-460.
- Syarifa Humaira., et al. “Development and validation of a rapid RP HPLC method for the determination of Cinitapride hydrogen tartrate in solid oral dosage forms”. E-Journal of Chemistry3 (2011): 1424-1429.
- Roy SMN., et al. “RP-HPLC method for the determination of Cinitapride in the presence of its degradation products in bulk drug”. E-Journal of Chemistry1 (2010): 311-319.
- Ashok Reddy S., et al. “Development and validation of RP-HPLC method to determine Cinitapride hydrogen tartarate in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation”. Journal of Global Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences2 (2012): 619-627.
- Thangabalan B., et al. “Development and validation of high- performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of Cinitapride in human plasma”. Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry (2018): 1-5.
- Attaur Rehman., et al. “Development and validation of stability indicating assay method for Cinitapride in bulk and tablets”. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences6 (Supplementary) (2017): 2341-2347.
- Satyanarayana KVV and Nageswara Rao P. “Validated spectrophotometric methods for the assay of Cinitapride hydrogen tartrate in pharmaceuticals”. Chemical Industry and Chemical Engineering Quarterly2 (2013).
- Thangabalan B and Vijayaraj Kumar P. “Development and validation of spectrophotometric methods for the determination of Cinitapride in pure and in its pharmaceutical formulation”. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 1 (2012):117-118.
- Thangabalan B., et al. “UV spectrophotometric method for determination of Cinitapride in pure and its solid dosage form”. E-Journal of Chemistry1 (2009): S21-S24.
- Unnisa S and Kumar Y Babu. “Extractive spectrophotometric method development and validation for the estimation of Cinitapride tartrate in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations”. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science4 (2014): 568-571.
- Aziz Unnisa and Syed Sadath Ali. “Application of molecular salt formation reactions of picric acid and citric acid -acetic anhydrate system with Cinitapride tartrate for estimation of the drug in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 11 (2014): 503-505.
- Thangabalan B., et al. “Validated extractive spectrophotometric estimation of Cinitapride in pure and its solid dosage form”. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences3 (2010): 153-155.
- Syarifa Humaira., et al. “Applications of colorimetric methods for the determination of Cinitapride hydrogen tartrate in drug formulations”. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2(2010):134-136.
- ICH Q2 (R1) Validation of analytical procedures: Text and Methodology (2005).