Bin Zhao, School of Science, Hubei University of Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China.
Bin Zhao1* and Xia Jiang2
1School of Science, Hubei University of Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
2Hospital, Hubei University of Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
*Corresponding Author: Arulselvan Murugesan, Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, AIKTC School of Pharmacy, India.
April 03, 2023; Published: April 24, 2023
Virtual simulation experiment teaching can make up for the shortcomings of traditional physical experiments, but most of the current simulation software is two-dimensional, and the teaching effect is limited. This article uses Three.js3D technology, taking the "Saxon Bowl Sinking Experiment" as an example, and breaks through the plane constraints by constructing a three-dimensional model to achieve a three-dimensional, online, cross platform, real-time and interactive virtual simulation system. The system performs three-dimensional modeling of experimental equipment and processes, achieves three-dimensional simulation, and designs four types of experiments for users to explore the relationship between variables. Supported by virtual teachers, the system fully simulates the interactive scene between teachers and students offline. Video and voice add role switching, greatly increasing interest and observability. The application practice shows that the system can greatly improve the teaching effect during COVID-19 pandemic.
Keywords: Physical Experiments; Stereoscopic Simulation; 3D Modeling; Three.js; Saxon Bowl
- Xu Yifan. “Design and Implementation of Middle School Physics Simulation Experiment Based on Virtual Reality (in chinese)”. Hunan University (2014).
- Benesha J., et al. “Are You for Real? Engineering a Virtual Lab for the Sports Sciences Using Wearables and IoT”. Proceedings1 (2020): 110.
- Elfakki AO., et al. “An Efficient System Based on Experimental Laboratory in 3D Virtual Environment for Students with Learning Disabilities”. Electronics4 (2023): 989.
- Wang Liang and Liu Dongfeng. “Interface design and implementation of 3D virtual physics experiment simulation platform”. Computer Technology and Development9 (2014): 238-240.
- Zhang Wenmiaoyun and Chen Zhaoxi. “Optical experiment simulation based on Python and its application in medical physics teaching”. Modern Computer10 (2021): 134-136.
- Cao Fujun and Wang Dayong. “Simulation of physical experiments with EWB software”. Journal of Tangshan Normal University 2 (2005): 42-43 + 69.
- Mystakidis S and Lympouridis V. “Immersive Learning”. Encyclopedia2 (2023): 396-405.
- Guo Tiezheng., et al. “Simulation experiment construction and teaching of cricket system based on Unity3D”. Laboratory Research and Exploration3 (2022): 187-192.
- Xiong Yanfan and He Xiwu. “Research on the Application of VR Technology in the Practical Teaching of Industrial Network Technology Specialty”. Electronic Components and Information Technology2 (2020): 167-168.
- Feng Jiao., et al. “Design of flight simulation system based on Three”. Computer Measurement and Control2 (2020): 216-219.
- Ge Yan., et al. “Design and development of virtual experiment based on Unity3d”. Heilongjiang Science24 (2018): 30-31.
- Ferrão J., et al. “Environment-Aware Rendering and Interaction in Web-Based Augmented Reality”. Journal of Imaging3 (2023): 63.
- Minopoulos GM., et al. “A Medical Image Visualization Technique Assisted with AI-Based Haptic Feedback for Robotic Surgery and Healthcare”. Applied Sciences6 (2023): 3592.
- Song Xiaopeng., et al. “Fluid Mechanics Simulation Experiment Based on WebGL”. Physics Experiment08 (2020): 36-39.
- You Liang Huang and Ming Quan Zhou. "Design and Development of the Virtual Acupuncture Training Using WebGL." Advanced Materials Research756-759 (2013).
- Jin Xing., et al. “Construction of virtual simulation workshop based on Three”. Automation Appl., 9 (2021): 78-80 + 83.
- Joon Yun., et al. “3D modeling and WebVR implementation using Azure Kinect, Open 3D, and Three.js”. Proceedings of the Korean Communication Society Academic Conference (2020).
- Zhong Shuheshan., et al. “Study on the sinking time of Saxon bowl”. Physical Experiment2 (2021): 37-42.
- Wang Jianxing. “Research on virtual 3D display based on Three”. Science and Technology Horizon19 (2017): 68-80.
- Yu Yuefan and Zhou Xiaoyun. “Development of virtual simulation experiment system for space teaching based on VR technology”. Laboratory Research and Exploration8 (2022): 123-127.