Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Serdexmethylphenidate and Dexmethylphenidate in Bulk and Formulation
Dasari Vasavi Devi*, S Siva Jyothi, S Srinithya, S Shanawaz, S Nelson Kumar and M Pravallika
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, P. Rami reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, India
*Corresponding Author: Dasari Vasavi Devi, Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, P. Rami reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, India.
October 25, 2022; Published: November 30, 2022
The objective of this study was to develop and validate the stability-indicating method for the simultaneous estimation of the Serdexmethylphenidate and Dexmethylphenidate in capsule dosage form. Chromatogram was gone through Std Discovery C8 (150 x 4.6 mm, 5µ) Mobile phase prepared with Buffer 0.01N KH2PO4:Acetonitrile taken in the proportion 60:40 was siphoed through column with flow of 1ml/min. Buffer utilized in this strategy was potassium dihydrogen ortho phosphate buffer. Temperature was kept up with 30°C. Optimized wavelength chose was 260 nm. Retention time of Serdexmethylphenidate and Dexmethylphenidate were viewed as 2.555 min and 3.207 min. %RSD of the Serdexmethylphenidate and Dexmethylphenidate were and found to be 1.3 and 1.3 respectively. Serdexmethylphenidate and Dexmethylphenidate got the 99.93% and 99.93% recovery. From the regression equations the LOD, LOQ values calculated, for Serdexmethylphenidate 0.25 µg/ml, 0.76 µg/ml and Dexmethylphenidate 0.04 µg/ml, 0.11 µg/ml respectively. Regression equation of Serdexmethylphenidate is y = 47119x + 4918, and y = 67584x + 1883 of Dexmethylphenidate. As the Retention time and run time decreased which shows the developed method was simple and economic.
Keywords: RP-HPLC; Serdexmethylphenidate; Dexmethylphenidate
- Thapar A and Cooper M. “Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder”. Lancet 10024 (2016): 1240-1250.
- Childress AC., et al. “An update on the pharmacokinetic considerations in the treatment of ADHD with long-acting methylphenidate and amphetamine formulations”. Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology 11 (2019): 937-974.
- FDA Approved Drug Products: AZSTARYS (serdexmethylphenidate and dexmethylphenidate) capsules.
- Faraone SV. “The pharmacology of amphetamine and methylphenidate: Relevance to the neurobiology of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and other psychiatriccomorbidities”. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews 87 (2018): 255-270.
- KemPharm Poster: Braeckman., et al. American Professional Society for ADHD and Related Disorders, (2018).
- Liu F., et al. “Dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder”. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment 4 (2006): 467-73.
- Tremblay S., et al. “The Effects of Methylphenidate (Ritalin) on the Neurophysiology of the Monkey Caudal Prefrontal Cortex”. eNeuro1 (2019).
- Kimko HC., et al. “Pharmacokinetics and clinical effectiveness of methylphenidate”. Clinical Pharmacokinetics 6 (1999): 457-470.
- Sunil Rayudu M., et al. “Analytical method development and validation of Dexmethylphenidate and Serdexmethylphenidate by using RP-HPLC in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form”. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics 2 (2022): 110-115.
- Veena Boda and Ajitha Makula. “A validated stability indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of serdexmethylphenidate and dexmethylphenidate inpharmaceutical dosage form”. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 10 (2022): 30-37.
- Akshay Namdevrao Londhe and T M Kalyankar. “Method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of Serdexmethylphenidate and Dexmethylphenidate in synthetic mixture by using RP-HPLC”. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences4 (2022): 1719-1729.
- Gaddey Pridhvi Krishna and Raja Sundararajan. “Development and validation of stability indicating UPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of Serdexmethylphenidate and Dexmethylphenidate in bulk and theircombined dosage form”. 21.5 (2022): 80-97.
- Dasari Vasavi Devi and Shaik Umme Salma. “Simultaneous Estimation of Ceritinib and Lenvatinib Using RP-HPLC Method". Acta Scientific Pharmaceutical Sciences4 (2022): 02-07.
- International Conference on the Harmonisation, ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline. Stability Testing of New Drug Substances and Products Q1A (R2). (2003).
- International Conference on the Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use. ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline, Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology Q2 (R1), November (2005).