Should We Routinely Use Ivermectin to Treat Covid-19 in Early Stage?
Tapan K Chaudhuri* and Paul E Marik
Professor, Hampton, Virginia and Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
*Corresponding Author: Tapan K Chaudhuri, Professor, Hampton, Virginia, USA.
November 27, 2021; Published: December 07, 2021
The FDA/CDC/NIH/WHO‘s negative campaign of labeling Ivermectin (IVM) as the drug for horses appears paradoxixal because FDA had already approved IVM for use in human too for de-worming, river blindness and Scabies without any concern for any side effects. Then why does FDA have concern for side effects of IVM when used for COVID-19?
- Caly L., et al. “The FDA-approved Drug Ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro”. Antivirus Research April 3, (2020): 104787.
- Santin AD., et al. “Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19”. New Microbes and New Infections 43 (2021): 100924.
- Henrique Pott-Junior., et al. “Use of Ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19: A pilot trial”. Toxicology Reports 8 (2020): 505-510.
- Padhy BM., et al. “Therapeutic potential of ivermectin as add on treatment in COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis”. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 23 (2020): 462-469.
- Ahmed S., et al. “A five-day course of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 may reduce the duration of illness”. International Journal of Infectious Diseases 103 (2020): 214-216.
- Rajter JC., et al. “Use of ivermectin is associated with lower mortality in hospitalized patients with COVID-19: the ICON study”. Chest 13 (2020): 1016.
- Khan Sharun., et al. “Ivermectin, a new candidate therapeutic against SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19"”. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials 19.1 (2020): 23.
- Chaudhuri TK and Richard Hoffler. “Early Therapeutic Intervention in COVID-19 Infection May Prevent Death”. Acta Scientific Pharmaceutical Sciences1 (2021): 94.
- Alam MT., et al. “A Case Series of 100 COVID-19 Positive Patients Treated with Combination of Ivermectin and Doxycycline”. Journal of Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons 38 (COVID-19 Supplement Issue) July (2020): 10-15.