Troponins as a Major Cardiac Biomarkers and Periodontitis: Systematic Review
Reda Ahmade Eldesocky Nofel*
Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Dentistry, Umm Al-Qura
University KSA and Al-Azhar University, Saudi Arabia.
*Corresponding Author: Reda Ahmade Eldesocky Nofel, Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Dentistry, Umm Al-Qura University KSA and
Al-Azhar University, Saudi Arabia.
Received: March 08, 2023; Published: March 23, 2023
The Purpose of the current study was to evaluate the use of lateral columellar flap in correction of different categories of complete unilateral cleft lip.
Data were collected retrospectively from all patients with who were operated on between 2020 and 2022.Of 18 children were suitable for analysis with harelip (complete cleft lip) included in this study. The patients were classified according to the severity of the defect into 3 groups, 6 patients each: Group I mild cleft, Group II moderate cleft and Group III severe cleft. The patients were assessment after correction and at 2, 8 and 14 months post operatively, and all measures were recorded using a caliper for anthropometrics evaluation. Each measurement was done 5 times and the average value was recorded.
At 2 months postoperatively, there was a significant increase (P < 0.05) of nostril width (group I) and highly significant increase (P < 0.01) in nostril height (group II) as compared to the other group. At 8 months postoperatively, there was a significant increase (P < 0.05) and highly significant increase (P < 0.01) in nostril height in (group I) as compared to the other groups. There was a significant increase (P < 0.05) in philtral height, fullness of the lip and width of cupids. At 14 months post-operatively. A highly significant increase (P < 0.01) was noted in nostril widths, nostril height, philtral height and fullness of the lip in (group I) compared to the other groups. While there was no significant difference (P<0.05) between groups and the other lip components. (F = 30.66).
All patient recovered uneventfully, and the columellar flap healed completely with no postorepaire complications. The site of the medial and lateral segments represented the philtrum column. The vertical height of the arch of the Cupid’s bow was equal on each sides.The texture of lateral nostril matched the skin of the columellar area, which considered more accepted cosmetically. It has been shown that the currently study flap has augmented the defected lip by additional tissues.
Keywords: Cleft Lip; Cheilorrhaphy; Nasal Deformity
- Anna Paradowska-Stolarz., et al. “Current Concepts and Challenges in the Treatment of Cleft Lip and Palate Patients-A Comprehensive Review”. Journal of Personalized Medicine 12 (2022): 2089.
- Talaat WM., et al. “Anthropometric Analysis of Secondary Cleft Lip Rhinoplasty Using Costal Cartilage Graft”. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery 8 (2019): 2464-2468.
- Chiang Sarah N., et al. “Unilateral Cleft Lip Repair: Technical Maneuvers to Achieve Vermilion and Mucosal”. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery - Global Open 2 (2022): e4125.
- Allori AC and Mulliken JB. “Evidence-Based Medicine: Secondary Correction of Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery1 (2007): 166e-176.
- Farhad Hafezi., et al. “Correction of Cleft Lip Nose Deformity with Rib Cartilage”. Aesthetic Surgery Journal5 (2013): 662-673.
- Vyas T., et al. “Cleft of lip and palate: A review”. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care 6 (2020): 2621-2625.
- Amaratunga N. “A comparison of Millard’s and LeMesuries's methods of repair of the Cleft Lip using a new index”. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 46 (1988): 353.
- Carincl F., et al. “Genetics of non- syndromatic Cleft Lip and palate”. The Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal 37 (2000): 33.
- Court B., et al. “Lip height and lip width after extended Mohler unilateral Cleft Lip repair”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 111 (2003): 17.
- Eric S., et al. “Ideal corrective surgery for Cleft Lip patient”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 5 (2000): 203.
- Fernandes D and Hudson D. “The modified Z. plasty for unilateral Cleft Lip repair”. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 46 (1993): 67.
- Granger B., et al. “Primary correction of unilateral Cleft Lip”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 110 (2002): 185.
- Hotman L. “The surgical technique for the Cleft Lip repair”. The Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal 5 (1995): 88.
- John B and Mulliken L. “Principles and techniques of bilateral complete Cleft Lip repair”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 75 (1996): 477.
- Lee T. “Upper lip measurements at the time of surgery and follow-up after modified rotation advancement flap repair in unilateral Cleft Lip”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 104 (1999): 911.
- Mohler L. “Unilateral Cleft Lip repair”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 80 (1987): 511.
- Mortier P and Maertiont V. “Evaluation of the results of Cleft Lip and surgical treatment”. The Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal 34 (1997): 247.
- Nechal P., et al. “Digital two-dimensional photogrammetry: A comparison of three techniques of obtaining digital photographs”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 103 (1997): 1819.
- Noordhoff M. “Reconstruction of nostril in unilateral and bilateral Cleft Lips”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 73(1989):52.
- Riden K. “Oral and maxillofacial surgery, Cleft Lip and palate”. Second ed Bios scientific publishers Bristol UK (1998): 75.
- Saunders D., et al. “Growth of the Cleft Lip following a triangular flap repair”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 177 (1986): 227.
- Slade P., et al. “Relationships between cleft severity and attractiveness with unrepaired cleft”. The Cleft Palate Journal 32 (1996): 318.
- Song R., et al. “A new principle for Cleft Lip repair, the lateral columellar flap method”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 102 (1998): 1848.
- Steleniki E., et al. “A long term, controlled outcome analysis of in utero versus neonatal Cleft Lip repair using an ovine model”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 104 (1999): 607.
- Tardy M., et al. “Facial aesthetic surgery. Second ed Mosby”. Chicago London (1995): 24.
- Thomson H and Reinders F. “Appraisal of the unilateral complete Cleft Lip repair”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 96 (1995): 549.
- Vender G and Mullilcen L. “Assessment of repaired unilateral Cleft Lip patient”. The Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal 2 (1997): 115.
- Woude D and Mulliken J. “Effect of lip adhesion on labial height in two-stage repair of complete Cleft Lip”. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 100 (1997): 567.
- Wikipedia contributors. Classification of cleft lip and cleft palate. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia 16 (2023): 50.
- Sadam Elayah., et al. “Primary unilateral incomplete cleft lip repair by a modified rotational advancement technique”. Journal of Stomatology Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (2022): 101325.