Managing Congenitally Missing Lateral Incisors: A Case Report
ZAGHDOUD Wadie*, KHIARI Firas, JENHANI Molka, BEN AMOR Wiem Cirine, DALLEL Ines, TOBJI Samir and BEN AMOR Adel
Department of Orthodontic Department, Dental Faculty of Monastir, Tunisia
*Corresponding Author: ZAGHDOUD Wadie, Department of Orthodontic Department, Dental Faculty of Monastir, Tunisia.
July 26, 2022; Published:
Congenitally missing maxillary lateral incisors affects patient self-esteem in a big way since it concerns an esthetic zone. This case report describes a multidisciplinary approach combining orthodontic and surgical treatment replacing the two laterals by implant-supported prostheses.
Keywords: Agenesis; Laterals; Orthodontic; Implant
- Stamatiou J and Symons AL. “Agenesis of the permanent lateral incisor: distribution, number and sites”. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry 4 (1999): 244-246.
- Aasheim B and Ögaard B. “Hypodontia in 9-year-old Norwegians related to need of orthodontic treatment”. Scandinavian Journal of Dental Research 5 (1993): 257-260.
- Araújo EA., et al. “Diagnostic protocol in cases of congenitally missing maxillary lateral incisors”. World Journal of Orthodontics 4 (2006): 376-388.
- Robertsson S and Mohlin B. “The congenitally missing upper lateral incisor. A retrospective study of orthodontic space closure versus restorative treatment”. European Journal of Orthodontics 6 (2000): 697-710.
- Smaragda Kavadia., et al. “Agenesis of maxillary lateral incisors: a global overview of the clinical problem”. Orthodontics (Chic) 12.4 (2011): 296-317.
- Ines Dallel., et al. “L’agenesie des incisives laterales superieures: etude d’une population orthodontique et illustration clinique”. International Orthodontics2 (2018): 384-407.
- Thilander B. “Orthodontic space closure versus implant placement in subjects with missing teeth”. Journal of Oral Rehabilitation 1 (2008): 64-71.
- Jemt T., et al. “Changes of anterior clinical crown height in patients provided with single-implant restorations after more than 15 years of follow-up”. The International Journal of Prosthodontics 5 (2006): 455-461.
- Thilander B., et al. “Single implants in the upper incisor region and their relationship to the adjacent teeth. An 8-year follow-up study”. Clinical Oral Implants Research 5 (1999): 346-355.
- Olsen TM and Kokich VG. “Postorthodontic root approximation after opening space for maxillary lateral incisor implants”. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2 (2010): 158.e1.
- Beyer A., et al. “Orthodontic space opening in patients with congenitally missing lateral incisors”. The Angle Orthodontist 3 (2007): 404-409.
- Krassnig M and Fickl S. “Congenitally missing lateral incisors--a comparison between restorative, implant, and orthodontic approaches". Dental Clinics of North America 2 (2011): 283-299.
- Chang M., et al. “Implant supported single-tooth replacements compared to contralateral natural teeth. Crown and soft tissue dimensions”. Clinical Oral Implants Research 3 (1999): 185-194.
- Dueled E., et al. “Professional and patient-based evaluation of oral rehabilitation in patients with tooth agenesis”. Clinical Oral Implants Research 7 (2012): 729-736.
- Iseri H and Solow B. “Continued eruption of maxillary incisors and first molars in girls from 9 to 25 years, studied by the implant method”. European Journal of Orthodontics 3 (1996): 245-256.
- Dos Santos-Pinto A., et al. “Tratamento de ausência congênita de incisivo lateral superior por meio da recuperação de espaço para colocação de implante dentário ou fechamento de espaços - Relato de casos”. Revista Dental Press de Ortodontia e Ortopedia Facial 7 (2002): 65-77.
- Hobkirk JA., et al. “Presenting complaints and findings in a group of patients attending a hypodontia clinic”. British Dental Journal 9 (1994): 337-339.