Genome Wide Comparative Analysis of Igf1 Gene Using Bioinformatic Tools
Department of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, Government College University Faisalabad, Faisalabad, Pakistan
*Corresponding Author: Abdul Manan, Department of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, Government College University Faisalabad, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
April 16, 2021; Published: May 29, 2021
Insulin like growth factor IGF1 is also known as somatostadin C. It is involved in somatic growth of cell like muscle, kidney or cartilage cells. IGF1 is primarily expressed in the liver. This gene has significance growth of individuals. IGF family is involved in cellular signaling and it is also responsible for cell division. Mutation in igf1 gene can cause Laron dwarfism and acromegaly. This study is performed to understand genomic variations and for sequence analysis. Freely available online tools such as pfam, gene structure display server, MEME motif, Serial Cloner and Mega 7.0 were used to perform sequence analysis. The results from this analysis showed that IGF1 is a polymorphic gene and amino acid variation can be seen among igf1 gene of different species. This study could be further use for studying the function of igf1 gene.
Keywords: Igf1; Insulin Like Growth Factor; Gene; Database
- Chew SL., et al. “An alternatively spliced human insulin-like growth factor-I transcript with hepatic tissue expression that diverts away from the mitogenic IBE1 peptide”. Endocrinology5 (1995): 1939-1944.
- A D., et al. “Analysis of insulin growth factor (IGF-1) gene in some selected monogastrics: An Insilico approach”. IJMBOA2 (2018).
- Barton ER., et al. “The insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I E-peptides are required for isoform-specific gene expression and muscle hypertrophy after local IGF-I production”. Journal of Applied Physiology5 (2010): 1069-1076.
- Selvakumar P and Pandey A. “Comparative studies on inulinase synthesis by Staphylococcus sp. and Kluyveromyces marxianus in submerged culture”. Bioresource Technology2 (1999): 123-127.
- Yang T-L., et al. “Comprehensive association analyses of IGF1, ESR2, and CYP17 genes with adult height in Caucasians”. European Journal of Human Genetics11 (2008): 1380-1387.
- Yang SY and Goldspink G. “Different roles of the IGF-I Ec peptide (MGF) and mature IGF-I in myoblast proliferation and differentiation”. FEBS Letter 522 (2002): 156-160.
- Ge Y., et al. “Identification of differentially expressed genes in cervical cancer by bioinformatics analysis”. Oncology Letter (2018).
- López-Bermejo A., et al. “Insulin resistance is associated with increased serum concentration of IGF-binding protein-related protein 1 (IGFBP-rP1/MAC25)”. Diabetes8 (2006): 2333-2339.
- Baxter RC. “Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-binding proteins: interactions with IGFs and intrinsic bioactivities”. American Journal of Physiology - Endocrinology and Metabolism 6 (2000): E967-976.
- Duguay SJ., et al. “Mutational analysis of the insulin-like growth factor I prohormone processing site”. Journal of Biological Chemistry29 (1995): 17566-17574.
- Cohen P. “Problems with Reclassification of Insulin-Like Growth Factor I Production and Action Disorders”. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism11 (2006): 4235-4236.
- Rotwein P., et al. “Organization and sequence of the human insulin-like growth factor I gene. Alternative RNA processing produces two insulin-like growth factor I precursor peptides”. Journal of Biological Chemistry 11 (1986): 4828-4832.
- Brisson BK and Barton ER. “New Modulators for IGF-I Activity within IGF-I Processing Products”. Frontiers in Endocrinology (2013): 4.
- Philippou A., et al. “The Complexity of the IGF1 Gene Splicing, Posttranslational Modification and Bioactivity”. Molecular Medicine1 (2014): 202-214.
- Lund PK. “Insulin-like growth factor I: molecular biology and relevance to tissue-specific expression and action”. Recent Progress in Hormone Research 49 (1994): 125-148.
- Metzger F., et al. “Separation of fast from slow anabolism by site-specific PEGylation of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I)”. Journal of Biological Chemistry22 (2011): 19501-19510.
- Yuan Y., et al. “Gene expression profiles and bioinformatics analysis of insulin‐like growth factor‐1 promotion of osteogenic differentiation”. Molecular Genetics and Genomic Medicine 10 (2019): e00921.